Repeat prescriptions can be ordered in the following ways:
- By post, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope if you wish us to post your prescription back - otherwise it will be left in the surgery to collect
- Hand delivered. There is a post box in the entrance to avoid you having to queue at the reception desk
Please use the other half of your prescription to request items. If you do not have this, complete one of the prescription request forms which are available from reception.
- Online - Please click here https://www.patientaccess.com/
To register for Patient On-Line Access please download and complete the form below and bring it to the surgery with your ID to register.
You need to allow 2 working days for your prescription to be prepared.
Prescriptions can be collected during normal surgery hours.
If you take regular medication you need regular health checks. Please ensure you see a doctor at least once a year or more often if necessary. If you don’t you may be asked to make an appointment before being able to get your prescription
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.